Friday, February 13, 2009

Christmas

Better late then never with posting about Christmas. We had a really fun Christmas. Christmas is extra special around our home because it's Grace's birthday. She turned four years old. It's hard to believe how fast time goes by . She is so special to us, and we love her very much. I'm so grateful to be her Mom, and grateful for the lessons I learn from her every day.


This is Grace opening her birthday presents. You can see in the background, her birthday tree. We do a birthday tree for her each year to help make her birthday special on a day where it's a little difficult to make special and just for her.
We had an extra fun Christmas this year with having Liz, Jay, and little Scarlett with us this year at our home. Grace was so excited they had matching PJ's.


Now here are some pictures of Christmas evening. We went to Dave's parents house and had quiet the night. We exchanged presents, had fun music and singing, little Ava sang for us. The kids dressed up with scarfs looking like little gypsies, dancing around singing "Jingle Bells" at the top of their lungs. It was exciting!
Miriam and Rivka, my beautiful sisters.
Pirate Jack.

Aunt Bethany got Grace matching dresses with Laney for her birthday. Grace and Laney crack me up. They are such good little friends. It's a love/dis-like relationship. They love each other so much, and they like everything the same. They are so similar that sometimes when they are together, they just sit and fight over who gets what, and who likes the color pink the most. But then they make up quickly and tell each other how much they love each other, and what best friends they are. Such funny girls. I sit back and wonder if I was ever like that. Mom, you tell me??
Little Miss Ava. I think I have the cutest nieces and nephews ever!! I love my family so much. I sure missed my family over Christmas, but we did get to see them over Thanksgiving. David and I are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. I'm thankful for what a wonderful 2008 year we had. We are very blessed people. I'm grateful to the Lord for all He has done for me and my family.

3 comments:

reesekelleyandboys said...

Hey Kath! Fun fun fun - Love the new pictures! I've been waiting for you to update your blog :) Looks all like so much family fun! That would be hard celebrating a childs birthday on Christmas, but sounds like you do a great job of it - her own birthday tree? How cute is that!! Have a great week! Love you

Allens, Inc. said...

Oh I missed the best part! Wish we could have been there for little Gracie's b-day, and for the festivities with the rest of the fam that evening. Thanks for posting these pictures and for sending us all the rest. Loved looking at them. DF to you all!

MKMT said...

Yeah - an update! It was a grand Christmas, wasn't it? Having little Gracie is cause for celebration alone - I remember the Christmas we went up to the hospital to meet her. It was a wonderful day!!!