Friday, October 30, 2009

Service

The other Sunday I went to get Grace from Primary, and she handed me a little cut out star that said, "Service with a Smile." Then Grace asked me if I wanted to see the picture she drew about what service she did for someone. So, here is the picture.


It has a picture of someone crying with "Mom" written at the top, then it has someone smiling with "Grace" written at the top.

Here's a closer view.

Well, this had me a little worried because all I could think about was what she would have told her teacher about this picture. I asked Grace is she told the class what service she did and she said yes. I asked her if she would tell me about the picture and the service she did for me. At first, she wouldn't tell me about it. Then after the 4th time of asking her about the picture, she said, "okay, I'll tell you. It was the time when you were so sad and mad that you started throwing things and then I came to give you a hug and made you feel better." Oh ya, that time I was throwing things!!! And of course she remembers that and tells her teacher. I'm going to have to have a talk with her primary teacher.

This is another picture that Grace drew recently.

You should all know that we don't have six people in our family. So I asked Grace who everyone was. She said, "it's our family, you know, you , there's Dad with his broken leg and foot, me, Scarlett, Liz, and Jay. Liz, Jay, and Scarlet are her aunt, uncle, and cousin. But, Grace loves them so much that she says Liz and Jay are her other parents, and Scarlett is her little sister. I'm so glad that Grace has such wonderful people for her aunts and uncles that she would call them her second Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that little girl, what a tender, open heart she has. She reminds me a lot of her mommy. You're a wonderful woman, Kathryn. Love you.

kromeril said...

Grace is such a little cutie! I miss that girl.. Love you kaffy.